Free to Feed is a not-for-profit social enterprise. In awe of the enterprising spirit of refugees, people seeking asylum and new migrants – and appreciative of what they want to offer as new community members – Free to Feed aim to champion their unique skills and individual stories. What better place to celebrate traditions and memories, stories and new experiences than over a feasting table? After all, for every one of us, these things are so often inextricably linked to sharing food and cooking with friends and family.
Free to Feed’s advocacy is delivered through a number of food-oriented initiatives, including a mobile cooking school hosting classes, workshops, community events and immersive experiences. Free to Feed is also the proud parent of Now to Launch, a food business incubator supporting new enterprisers to realise their culinary dreams.
Free to Feed exists to:
– nurture entrepreneurialism,
– facilitate personal and professional skill development through mentoring and training,
– provide an avenue for economic empowerment and financial independence,
– encourage self-advocacy,
– open doors and broaden networks, and
– offer vital resources necessary to achieving all of this.